Folk Music Construction of American Past

According to Filene folk music was milestones in music that has really revolutionized and shaped the music today. It seems as if Lomax was one of the biggest producers in the music industry at his time and his biggest founding was of Leadbelly some of the biggest rock and roll artist of all time pay tribute to Leadbelly Little Richard claims they were the foundation of music. Lomax had many other inspired artist and they wrote the “original folk” and “original America” music that influences todays music but alot of things they talked about and discussed back then has taken a complete 180 and there is alot of differences that go on in todays music. Obviously the changings of the time has a lot to do with it. Back then sex wasn’t something that was publically talked about it was frowned upon, sex before marriag. Now sex sells it is the basis of many media outlets. Before all of these changes Lomax dealt with the change of society after the great depression. I really feel the folk music was an inspiration as much then to everyone in the united states as it was to the people now who are influenced by the folk music Songs like our singing country really helped people of other countries under stand what we as a nation were dealing with at the time of the depression. It was a way for other countries to really feel the hardship but it was were the American pride came from it made people really understand our culture and helped shape the nation to what it is today. It help create the sense of nationalism. Lomax had a strong believe of using the negro music to help get past the boundaries. He was very smart by not pushing the limits only going so far to the edge and coming back. He didnt try to tear down the boundaries because he new it would never work but if he could produce enough black music without telling everyone it was black folk songs maybe society would start to believe that they are equal. If they here blacks singing similar music and dealing with similar problems that they would find some type of common ground.
Lomax was a key factor in American society on many different fronts. In revolutionizing the American way and also the music industry today

15 Responses to “Folk Music Construction of American Past”

1. brian morrissey Says:

I particularly liked a point you made about Lomax that he was a visionary in the sense of incorporationg “negro” music into much of his recordings in order to get the masses farmiliar with it. However, his biggest example of genus was probably his discretion in terms of pushing the envelop a little bit, but never going over the edge which would’ve more than likely had a counter-productive effect on anything he may have been working toward. By biding his time with the newer images he was promoting with his recordings, he was slowly but surely able to widen the opening of society eventually allowing white artists like Elvis Presely to adopt many of the characteristics of “negro” music in addition to the folk/southern type music that was already native to that area of the country. Somewhere along the line there was a marraige of sound and ideas, and Lomax was a bit part of that marraige comming to fruition.

2. Die Alkohol-Reha Says:

I got this site from my buddy who told me on the topic of this website and now
    this time I am browsing this web page and reading very informative content at
    this place.

3. Priest Says:

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the most useful websites on the net. I most certainly will recommend this site!

4. celebs without makeup Says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all people you actually know what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Please additionally discuss with my web site =). We can have a link alternate agreement among us

5. hairbeauty.ru Says:

One of the best things about Bluff is their articles on strategy.
    Selecting the happy face earns bonus points and makes the customer’s mood improve.
    Almost free magazines can be found with discounts
    of as much as 98% at Mags – Almost – Free.

6. dialer Says:

Great blog here! Additionally your website so much up very fast! What web host are you the usage of? Can I am getting your associate link for your host? I desire my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

7. https://mobilenationhq.zendesk.com Says:

what does lmafo mean

8. Pilar Kiester Says:

Many thanks for making this style of impressive post that is certainly seriously correctly prepared. Will likely be referencing lots of pals pertaining to this. Maintain writing a blog.

9. Vania Says:

I’m amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog
    that’s both equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something not enough men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I am very happy I found this in my search for something concerning this.

My website; landscaping business names (Vania)

10. volunteer centre Says:

volunteer centre

11. Dimensional Construction Says:

Dimensional Construction

12. Imperial Advance Says:

Imperial Advance

13. Freddom Mentor reviews Says:

Freddom Mentor reviews

14. South Austin iPad Repair Says:

South Austin iPad Repair

15. groom mother dance songs Says:

groom mother dance songs

blog topic