Dyer Disco

I do not agree with referring to disco as capitalistic. This is another way people who have no idea what they are talking about get involved. Disco wasn’t by any ways or any means had anything to with some sort of take over or capitalist movement. It was an era, a generation, a way of life. Disco still lives on today and is very popular. House and techno music stems from disco. Such as the beats and groovy sounds that “ takes over your mind”. That what every house head will tell you that it just puts them into a grove and takes over just as Disco did. Disco was a revolution, it was the forbidden era which was so dangerous and tempting you just wanted to be a part of it. Saturday Night Fever is one of the most famous movies of that time and it depicts that era. It was the 80’s it was so out of control the disco did not influence drugs and sex but drugs and sex influenced disco. I agree with the characteristic of disco. The materialism it was all about looking good who was the most flashy who had the nicer clothes cars. Who had the most drugs and most money. The eroticism wasn’t in the music but in the style of dance. The concept of bump and grind can also stem from disco. I wouldn’t really call romantics part of it. Don’t forget this is right after the movements in the 70’s and the idea of free spirits. Sex was still outlandish this is when all of the stds really started to come out also. The disco era was the 70’s with more sex and drugs and a different scene it was just part to of the 70’s. It was the upgrade it was something different. Disco is still alive and kicking today as many of the disco artist influence artist today. There are many 80’s style partys that still go on.

14 Responses to “Dyer Disco”

1. Marya Tambawala Says:

I agree that it’s not fair to perceive disco as just capitalistic. Even if that was the original intention, it definitely evolved into something else with its appeal to the gay community and the eroticism they associated with it.

2. plcest89 Says:

That’s very funny that you mentioned disco still being around today. My final paper talks about the the quick rise and fall of disco and how disco is seen in a new, more positive light today. The anti-disco feeling came about because of the rise of popular rock music and feelings of homophobia and racism. But even with these negative ideals pushing disco out of the scene, disco still remains part of our culture in clubs, dance, and DJ’s. You made an excellent point where you said that the dancing that we know of such as grinding and bumping stem straight from disco. These are just some examples of how disco is still alive and is still influencing our culture through music, clubs, dance and even fashion.

3. anna laser tandblekninng Says:

anna laser tandblekninng…

[…]r Hello there, I am so grateful I found your weblog, I really found you by ac b1[…]…

4. milanonotte.it Says:

milanonotte.it…

[…]HollywoodTable » Blog Archive » Dyer Disco[…]…

5. Sol Lezer Says:

Have you ever wondered how you could help those who are less fortunate than you?

6. janki ahir Says:

In exactly the same way as the Apartheid Afrikaaner government murdered black south Africans. They too are also murderers and they too should have been sent to Robben Island for life. These black people were murdered for thier beliefs.
    http://www.whatismyresults.in/

7. beats dre sale Says:

Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m looking to start my own blog soon but I’m having
    a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different
    then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
    P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I
    had to ask!

Feel free to visit my web blog – beats dre sale

8. 3d printer college Says:

3d printer college

9. pet taxi transport philly bucks monty county Says:

pet taxi transport philly bucks monty county

10. adam regiaba Says:

adam regiaba

11. DRS Nanoceptor Says:

DRS Nanoceptor

12. 24 hour electrician Dublin Says:

24 hour electrician Dublin

HollywoodTable » Blog Archive » Dyer Disco

13. Las Vegas Shows February 2016 Says:

Las Vegas Shows February 2016

14. Reviews on Eye health supplements Says:

Reviews on Eye health supplements