David Bowie flamboyant to say the least

Obviously Tony Frost was incorrect in his talks about Bowie saying that we will peak in the 70’s. Bowie is one of the most popular artists in Rock and Roll history. He has the status equivalent to some of the greats such as the Rolling Stones and Aerosmith. He is still around selling out shows and selling albums. He was definitely an interesting character but that it was people liked about it. He didn’t care what people though about him he had that I don’t give a shit attitude that just seemed to work for him. He didn’t like to fly he was very fond of Greyhound charter buses. The fact that such a mega superstar took Greyhound buses to all of his shows put him on the level of the common man. Just the idea that you could be riding the same bus as David Bowie really intrigued people and took more of liking to him. He was just like everyone else in that sense.
He had a very smart marketing team that really ran away with his flamboyancy and his style. The fact that he was openly bisexual was nationally accepted. He found it was easier in England because they were more bisexually accepting. I feel that in the 70’s anything went anywhere so it didn’t really seem to matter in that era just like everything else that was going on in the world. His marketing team was able to take every little aspect of his style and glam and ship straight to the top it was one of the reasons why is he so successful today.

23 Responses to “David Bowie flamboyant to say the least”

1. jstrick Says:

The manner that Bowie was marketed in was genius. He was portrayed as a spaceman/outsider and they made good use of his “colorful” character. His down to earth way of taking buses was also a marketing ploy, I suspect – the superstar who is just like you!

2. sm09 Says:

Bowie was a very interesting artists because he challenged everything we considered rock and roll to that point. He embraced the fact that he was different and used it to his advantage. Similar to Lady Gaga of our time? Instead of keeping their uniqueness to themselves they both magnified it. Using fashion to express themselves as well as their music.

3. filmhistory10 Says:

I agree with what your saying sm09, but to compare Lady Gaga to David Bowie is not really in my opinion a great example, I however have different views on her. Not to sound arrogant lol, I am not saying your wrong and Im not arguing im right, but im not particularly fond of her music or style of fashion. I feel she is a “poser” who does not believe in what she sings or does but only how much profit she can make from it. However such musicians,as Peter Gabriel or Lou Reed fall in the same category as Bowie, or at least I think so. They not only expressed themselves through the music, they also did it through unique exotic fashion.

4. BEAU SUNDHEIM Says:

Hey! ur blog is nice! Glad I found it on Google.

5. Tiara Miyares Says:

Appreciating the persistence you put into your website and detailed information you provide. It’s nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information. Excellent read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

6. 3D Rendering & Animation Says:

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to paintings on. You’ve done a formidable job and our whole community can be thankful to you.

7. Freddy Says:

Heya this is somewhat of off topic but I was
    wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with
    HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so I wanted to get
    guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

8. baise Says:

Un sérieux ƅгavo à l’admin du blog

9. もちろん Says:

もちろん

10. ミルフェルム楽天 Says:

ミルフェルム楽天

11. 授乳用ワンピース Says:

授乳用ワンピース

12. crooksetc.com Says:

samsung long range cordless phone

13. glossicom.zendesk.com Says:

regalo extra long double bed rail

14. Http://Designshack.net/ Says:

try minecraft games

15. www.kombes.com Says:

Very nice post. I definitely love this site. Keep writing!

16. www.stereomood.com Says:

It’s going to be end of mine day, except before ending I am reading this enormous paragraph to improve my experience.

17. http://www.Prayerarmor.Com/ Says:

The idea is give birth by some mentally tortured individuals.
    With the continuing development of technology and
    science people can now be updated with every types of news instantly.

Any sports lover linked to this particular game would seek the solace of a place where with
    just few click he gets all the information regarding the
    game.

One with the primary goals of writing articles for the Internet is always to drive traffic to a website.
    Once you obtain some writing experience at these paid writing sites, it is possible to move onto higher-paying
    writing opportunities where you’ll be able to earn up to $15 or $20 per article.
    amoungst (http://www.Prayerarmor.Com/)
    visa gift card balance walmart You are limited to simply 120 characters
    inside your Linked – In headline, therefore it is also important to get
    succinct and direct. Here, articles wiring jobs help webmaster to obtain more and much more
    website content.

18. cursos/formate/aqui/demas/formacion/aprender/estudiar/puedes/hacerlo Says:

Amazing issues here. I am very satisfied to look your article. Thanks so much and I am looking forward to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

19. buy bitcoins with credit card in europe Says:

buy bitcoins with credit card in europe

20. buy gsa Says:

buy gsa

21. pdf Says:

pdf

HollywoodTable » Blog Archive » David Bowie flamboyant to say the least

22. rar Says:

rar

23. helicopter flights Says:

helicopter flights